Friday, May 29, 2020

641. All Hail The Queen

All Hail The Queen
Queen Latifah
1989
















Tracks
1. Dance for Me
2. Mama Gave Birth to the Soul Children
3. Come into My House
4. Latifah's Law
5. Wrath of My Madness
6. Pros
7. Ladies First
8. King and Queen Creation
9. Queen of Royal Badness
10. Evil That Men Do
11. Princess of the Posse
12. Inside Out
13. Dance for Me [Ultimatum Remix]
14. Wrath of My Madness [Soulshock Remix]
15. Princess of the Posse [DJ Mark the 45 King Remix]

Okay, can we all agree to put a moratorium on baby voices/chipmunk voices? I guess the Butthole Surfers used that voice because they were trying to be as unpleasant as possible, but I get the feeling Queen Latifah actually cares about making good music, so what gives?

Setting that aside, this album wasn't too bad. Most of the album consists of boasting and self-aggrandizing, which is standard hip hop fare I suppose, but she had some good hooks in there. 

I can't believe we had two female artists in a row, and they are both Queens. Thank you, ladies, for turning 1989 around for us.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment