Sunday, May 24, 2020

635. It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Public Enemy
1988















Tracks
1. Countdown To Armageddon
2. Bring The Noise
3. Don't Believe The Hype
4. Cold Lampin' With Flavor
5. Terminator X To The Edge Of Panic
6. Mind Terrorist
7. Louder Than A Bomb
8. Caught, Can We Get A Witness?
9. Show 'Em Whatcha Got
10. She Watch Channel Zero?!
11. Night Of The Living Baseheads
12. Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos
13. Security Of The First World
14. Rebel Without A Pause
15. Prophets Of Rage
16. Party For Your Right To Fight



This is the last album of 1988, and we are one step closer to putting this somewhat questionable decade behind us. All I have to say is, I have been looking at the albums for 1989 and...brace yourselves.

I have to imagine that I am not the ideal audience for this album, but I still really enjoyed It. I wonder how much that would bother Flavor Flav if he knew. There was a lot of anger, and a lot of talent behind this album. They seemed to be influenced by a wide range of genres, and I feel like the sampling worked really well. 

Another minor milestone tomorrow: there will be 365 albums left! That means if I stick to my schedule of one a day, I could actually finish this project within a year. Of course, I might get sidetracked for personal reasons, or I might sprint towards the finish, so it probably won't actually be a year from now that I am typing my last entry. Still, you know how much I love my milestones.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment