Wednesday, May 27, 2020

639. Technique

Technique
The New Order
1989














Tracks
1. Fine Time
2. All the Way
3. Love Less
4. Round & Round
5. Guilty Partner
6. Run
7. Mr. Disco
8. Vanishing Point
9. Dream Attack


I have begged the List gods for something to break up the monotony of so-so albums and they have answered my prayers. It's tempting to compare this to Joy Division, and even though it has been awhile since I listened to Unknown Pleasures, I think I prefer this one. I know I am probably in the minority on that one.

Maybe the music does feel a bit dated now, but I actually liked that aspect of the album. I know when something typically sounds like something from the 80s it means tackiness/synths. But this felt like something that would play at a 80s rave and I enjoyed having a more immersive experience with music today.

So thank you, New Order for breaking us out of our rut of meh albums. Madonna, you better not blow this tomorrow.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment