Friday, April 10, 2020

591. Sign O' the Times

Sign O' the Times
Prince
1987














Tracks
1. Sign 'O' the Times
2. Play in the Sunshine
3. Housequake
4. Ballad of Dorothy Parker
5. It
6. Starfish and Coffee
7. Slow Love
8. Hot Thing
9. Forever in My Life
10. U Got the Look
11. If I Was Your Girlfriend
12. Strange Relationship
13. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
14. Cross
15. It's Gonna Be a Beautiful Night
16. Adore


I have been unappreciative of Prince in the past, because I hate his Wilhelm scream and atrocious grammar. But then I saw that there was a song on this album called "The Ballad of Dorothy Parker" and was thrilled. Unfortunately, Prince actually had no idea who she was, and just liked the sound of the name. His Dorothy Parker is a waitress with a sharp wit. Man, he was really in tantalizingly close reach of the point.

So can I still like this album, despite what a letdown that was? Of course, but I will grumpy about it. I loved the instrumentals of this album, but Prince still had a tendency to have "episodes" of nonsensically vocal runs that get on my nerves. And I really don't think this had to be a whopping 80 minutes long. 

There will some good tracks on this album, but I'm still not a fan and will not be attending any of his hologram's shows, thank you very much. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment