Sunday, April 26, 2020

608. Actually

Actually
The Pet Shop Boys
1987














Tracks
1. One More Chance
2. What Have I Done to Deserve This?
3. Shopping
4. Rent
5. Hit Music
6. It Couldn't Happen Here
7. It's a Sin
8. I Want to Wake Up
9. Heart
10. King's Cross

Interesting fact, when I was in middle school, I briefly acquired the nickname "Actually" for being a Hermione Granger-esque nightmare. Anyway, let's see if the Pet Shop Boys can out-annoy eleven-year-old Amanda.

They can! Okay, maybe this wasn't so bad, but it was a lot of forgettable dance pop tracks. There were a couple of good songs hidden here, including "Rent" and "It's a Sin." I was surprised by the lyrical quality of the tracks; it almost felt out of place with the music. 

Overall, a disposable album but pretty harmless.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment