Wednesday, April 29, 2020

611. If I Should Fall From Grace With God

If I Should Fall From Grace With God
The Pogues
1988














Tracks
1. If I Should Fall From Grace With God
2. Turkish Song Of The Damned
3. Bottle Of Smoke
4. Fairytale Of New York
5. Metropolis
6. Thousands Are Sailing
7. South Australia
8. Fiesta
9. Medley: The Recruiting Sergeant/The Rocky Road To Dublin/Galway Races
10. Lullaby Of London
11. The Battle March Medley
12. Sit Down By The Fire

13. The Broad Majestic Shannon
14. Worms

We are done with 1987! Truthfully, I am ready to be done with this entire decade but we have quite a few albums to go before that happens. I am just excited to see what the 90s bring.  I mean, a decade that created yours truly must really be capable of some masterpieces.

I read that this album contained one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time. I think this must be a British thing, I had never heard this song. In the US, they just play Baby It's Cold Outside a billion times in lieu of diversity. Actually, that song, Fairytale of New York, turned out to be one my least favorite songs on the album. 

It's hard not to get swept up in this music, it feels like Jack Dawson might beckon you to dance at any moment. It's probably not something I would want to listen to everyday, but an interesting novelty.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment