Sunday, April 19, 2020

601. Darklands

Darklands
The Jesus and Mary Chain
1987














Tracks
1. Darklands
2. Deep One Perfect Morning
3. Happy When It Rains
4. Down On Me
5. Nine Million Rainy Days
6. April Skies
7. Fall
8. Cherry Came Too
9. On The Wall
10. About You


I came into this album with low expectations, as I did not enjoy whatever the hell Psychocandy was (their previous entry on the List). However, I really enjoyed this! The key is going in with low expectations, which the List has taught me to do very, very well.

I think some people might complain that this is derivative, or doesn't bring anything new to the table. But not every entry on this List has to be an unholy union of genres that have no business being mixed together. This was a solid alternative rock album, with interesting lyrics that didn't need embellishment. And by "embellishment" I mean the elements of noise rock that TJaMC were so hellbent on using last time.

400 more albums to go!

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment