Sunday, April 5, 2020

586. Among the Living

Among the Living
Anthrax
1987















Tracks
1. Among The Living
2. Caught In A Mosh
3. I Am The Law
4. Efilkinufesin
5. A Skeleton In The Closet
6. Indians
7. One World
8. A.D.I. / Horror Of It All
9. Imitation Of Life


Welcome to 1987! We are once again greeted at the door with a heavy metal album. Thrash metal, to be more precise. I guess regular old metal just wasn't quite angry enough for Anthrax.

The lyrics in this album are rather appalling, not because of their audacity, but because of their sheer stupidity. I felt like I was listening to a teenaged boy get back at his strict parents. I can't exactly relate to Reddit Thread: The Concept Album.


I am perhaps making this sound worse than it was, which I will chalk up to the coronavirus crankies. There weren't very articulate in their anger, and thus not outright offensive. Just not my kind of music.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment