Thursday, April 9, 2020

590. Document

Document
REM
1987














Tracks
1. Finest Worksong
2. Welcome To The Occupation
3. Exhuming McCarthy
4. Disturbance At The Heron House
5. Strange
6. It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
7. One I Love
8. Fireplace
9. Lightnin' Hopkins
10. King Of Birds
11. Oddfellows Local 151


It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine. Actually, I feel a bit queasy about the whole thing but that's not as catchy of a song title. For real though, I wish I had known about that song earlier. It is my official quarantine jam.

There's not a bad track on this album; it is teeming with catchy hooks and intelligent lyrics. Many people seem to think REM eventually sold out, or at least starting taking themselves seriously enough that it rubbed people the wrong way. Thankfully, I don't see any of that here. But we have another REM album coming up soon, so we will be able to compare.

Another great album. I think we are on a roll. 


RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment