Monday, April 27, 2020

609. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree
U2
1987














Tracks
1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Bullet The Blue Sky
5. Running To Stand Still
6. Red Hill Mining Town
7. In God's Country
8. Trip Through Your Wires
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit
11. Mothers Of The Disappeared



Remember when U2 stuck us all with their album without permission in 2014? That's what passed for "weird" back then. Anyway, I was always struck by the arrogance and self-importance of such a gesture. I expected to be in awe of those qualities again with this album, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I mean, it was still self-important, but the music was enjoyable all the same. I don't want to listen to a solo Brian Eno album. Ever. Again. But I love it when he produces albums, and he doesn't disappoint here. I read that they ordered the tracks by favorite to least favorite. I actually agreed with their choices, meaning that the album gets worse the longer you listen to it.


So an uneven album, but the decent bits make up for the clunkier tracks.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment