Saturday, April 18, 2020

600. Appetite for Destruction

Appetite for Destruction
Guns N Roses
1987














Tracks
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Nightrain
4. Out Ta Get Me
5. Mr. Brownstone
6. Paradise City
7. My Michelle
8. Think About You
9. Sweet Child O' Mine
10. You're Crazy
11. Anything Goes
12. Rocket Queen


Happy 600! It is always exciting to reach a milestone of a project, but I am really relishing It under quarantine. It's nice to feel like you're making something out of this time, even if it just putting a dent in a list. 

This album was a pleasant surprise. I am not saying it was brilliant, but it was much more fun than I expected it to be. There were some great hooks and recognizable tracks on this album, with the biggest one being "Paradise City." Some of the lesser known tracks weren't so bad either; I enjoyed "It's So Easy." I have heard people complain about Axl's voice, which can get grating, particularly in "My Michelle." Still, I don't think it is nearly as annoying as Prince's vocals, so it gets a pass.

I am finding the tough guy posturing particularly cringey as of late, and this album was certainly guilty of that in places. A couple of worthy tracks saves this from the cheese pile.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment