Saturday, April 25, 2020

607. Bad

Bad
Michael Jackson
1987














Tracks
1. Bad
2. Way You Make Me Feel
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part Of Me
7. Man In The Mirror
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Leave Me Alone


I remember listening to "Man in the Mirror" on the school bus in the morning in middle school, vowing that I too, would change my ways (I never did, by the way, I still like reading and ignoring everybody). It's still a great song, making it a rarity on this album.

So this is an improvement from Thriller, I suppose, although the track "Dirty Diana" feels like a new low. It's a song about a dirty groupie and is an angry jab at women in general. Of course, I have grown accustomed to that in heavy metal music, but I expect better from my pop brothers. But then there are great songs like "Smooth Criminal" that sound fresh and unexpected even now, at the end of the world.

I can't get over all the annoying noises that come out of this man's mouth (I know I am setting myself up for a burn here, but I'll allow it to stand). I wish he was able to tolerate a pause or beat without having to do his high pitched scoffing. And in general, he really bums me out and I wish he had received the help he so clearly needed.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment