Thursday, April 23, 2020

605. Sister

Sister
Sonic Youth
1987














Tracks
1. Schizophrenia
2. I Got A Catholic Block
3. Beauty Lies In The Eye
4. Stereo Sanctity
5. Pipeline Kill Time
6. Tuff Gnarl
7. Pacific Coast Highway 
8. Hot Wire My Heart
9. Cotton Crown
10. White Cross


We've had a rough run of albums lately, and while this was certainly not as bad as its predecessors, I still don't feel like the streak of shaky albums has officially ended yet. And probably won't for awhile, since we have Michael Jackson on the horizon.

I don't like noise rock/pop, where you're supposed to divine something from the feedback. I feel like it's just this wall of sound that stops you from getting to the heart of the album. Sister is still a good album underneath all that, but I wish you didn't have to dig past all the unnecessary noise to get to the decent stuff, which in this case is tracks like "Hard Wire My Heart."

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I would defend its place on the List. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment