Sunday, April 5, 2020

585. So

So
Peter Gabriel
1986















Tracks
1. Red Rain
2. Sledgehammer
3. Don't Give Up
4. That Voice Again
5. In Your Eyes
6. Mercy Street
7. Big Time
8. We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37)
9. This Is The Picture (Excellent Birds)


It is the last album of 1986! Someday, we will escape the land of synthpop and cheesy guitar solos. I know I often make milestones out of molehills, but I'm still excited about this one. I am eager to see what the Book pretends 90s music was like.

Peter Gabriel immediately brings to mind Say Anything, but the whole album is pretty cinematic in a way. A lot of these tracks feel like they could play when characters are staring in the rain at restaurant they visited with their significant other before the rainy times. 

This makes it very fun, and it was a great album to read to, which is what I spent my delightful Saturday morning doing. So far, quarantine isn't so bad.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. So-so. Too many musicians and too many overdubs. And too synthy. Actually a decent listen, but I preferred Gabriel's previous albums on the List. Also, what quarantine? Are you sure someone wasn't putting you on?

    ReplyDelete