Monday, April 13, 2020

594. Floodland

Floodland
Sisters of Mercy
1987















Tracks
1. Dominion/Mother Russia
2. Flood I
3. Lucretia My Reflection
4. 1959
5. This Corrosion
6. Flood II
7. Driven Like The Snow
8. Never Land


I was feeling rather gloomy about starting my Monday, with the rain pouring down and no end in sight for quarantine. I was really looking for something uplifting here, but the name of this band tipped me off that I was looking in the wrong place. It sounds like a Catholic school, which is not something I associate with happiness and serenity. 

I am not a fan of gothic rock. It's just so over the top and I prefer subtlety in my music. There is nothing subtle about the operatic vocals and eleven minute long tracks. I am finding that when music has to distract you so much with its style, it probably means it doesn't have much substance.

Profoundly skippable. Hopefully George Michael can improve things tomorrow.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment