Tuesday, April 14, 2020

595. Faith

Faith
George Michael
1987














Tracks
1. Faith
2. Father Figure
3. I Want Your Sex (Parts 1 & 2)
4. One More Try
5. Hard Day
6. Hand To Mouth
7. Look At Your Hands
8. Monkey
9. Kissing A Fool
10. Hard Day (Shep Pettibone Remix)
11. A Last Request (I Want Your Sex) (Part 3)


After Sisters of Mercy, I would have welcomed a three star album. Instead, we get a solid five star entry. Thank Zeus for George Michael.

This is a fantastic album that is wonderfully strange in some places. I looked up who the female singer in "Hard Day" was only to discover that it was George Michael. I guess every male pop star in the 1980s has a feminine alter ego in their repertoire. I usually don't like ballads so much, but "One More Try" was genuinely moving. 


 The only thing preventing this album from being 5 stars is a pesky little song called "Monkey." Still a great album, but skip that track.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment