Monday, April 20, 2020

602. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
1987














Tracks
1. Unomathemba
2. Hello My Baby
3. At Golgotha
4. King of Kings
5. Lomhlaba Kawunoni
6. How Long?
7. Ikhaya Lamaqhawe
8. Yibo Labo
9. Rain, Rain Beautiful Rain
10. Wawusho Kubani?



After Graceland, Ladysmith Black Mambazo received some much deserved recognition, and created this album, which, for whatever reason, they decided to name after a homicidal maniac/monarch. 

So this is a very good album, and a soothing way to begin my Monday. I ended up looking up the English translation of the lyrics to the songs, which isn't actually a necessary step in enjoying an album, but I can't help myself. For the most part, it's easy to just let the music sweep you along without knowing the meaning. 

Paul Simon produced this album, so you know it is going to be a high rating. I don't see many good albums on the horizon, so let's enjoy this while we can.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment