Wednesday, April 1, 2020

582. I Against I

I Against I
Bad Brains
1986














Tracks
1. Intro
2. I Against I
3. House Of Suffering
4. Re-Ignition
5. Secret 77
6. Let Me Help
7. She's Calling You
8. Sacred Love
9. Hired Gun
10. Return To Heaven


If you take two genres and mash them together, however ill-fitting they might be, the List is probably going to reward you for your efforts just for standing out so much (remember the bongos anybody?). I Against I attempts to blend reggae, funk, punk, and metal, which is a surefire way to earn a salute from the Powers That Be.

Surprisingly, this actually wasn't so bad, and wasn't half as jarring as I expected it to be. I enjoyed "Let Me Help" and "Sacred Love" was a jam. That being said, the novelty of this mishmash of genres wears off quickly, and the novelty is the best thing this album has going for it.

Oh, and happy April! Did you ever think March would end?

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I liked this one a lot, this is a great sounding band. Tight and impactful, I'd put them above Metallica for sure. And maybe the greatest compliment: this made me want to turn the volume up loud.

    ReplyDelete