Tuesday, March 31, 2020

581. Guitar Town

Guitar Town
Steve Earle
1986















Tracks
1. Guitar Town
2. Goodbye's All We've Got Left
3. Hillbilly Highway
4. Good Ol' Boy (Gettin' Tough)
5. My Old Friend The Blues
6. Someday
7. Think It Over
8. Fearless Heart
9. Little Rock 'N' Roller
10. Down The Road

I am attempting to get more writing done during the week by shaking up my writing routine. This involves putting an album on in the morning, writing for the entire length of the album, that swinging around here to share my thoughts about it, all before the work day begins. Consequently, this would mean increasing my speed through the List, and maybe finishing this project within the next couple years. We'll see how it goes.

I wouldn't consider myself the biggest country fan, but the mention of the genre does not induce sudden spasms in me, like the mention of metal. But there is actually some country that is quite good, this just, unfortunately, isn't it.

There are a couple of decent tracks on this album, mostly when he sounds like someone else, like Bruce Springsteen in "Someday" and Johnny Cash in "Fearless Heart." Songs like "Hillybilly Highway," though, can be wholeheartedly skipped.

New writing routine, new me! Tomorrow is a metal reggae album. That's just...great.


RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment