Saturday, February 27, 2016

440. The Quiet Life

The Quiet Life
Japan
1979














Tracks
1. Quiet Life
2. Fall In Love With Me
3. Despair
4. In Vogue
5. Halloween
6. All Tomorrow's Parties
7. Alien
8. Other Side Of Life


I might jinx us here, but we are officially on a streak of amazing albums.  Look at me, getting cocky.  This album wasn't quite as good as yesterday's, but a four star album is nothing to sneeze (or do something equally gross) at.

Synth pop isn't exactly my thing and I expected to be overwhelmed at the band's pretension.  Especially given their...image.  But the music was actually very tangible and easy to tap into.  I have to give it four stars because it does falter toward the end.  Still, the beginning more than makes up for it.

I always sort of loathe the expression "ahead of their time" but the description kind of fits here.  Tomorrow: Broken English.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment