Wednesday, February 3, 2016

421. Here, My Dear

Here, My Dear
Marvin Gaye
1978














Tracks
1. Here My Dear
2. I Met A Little Girl 
3. When Did You Stop Loving Me When Did I Stop Loving You 
4. Anger 
5. Is That Enough
6. Everybody Needs Love 
7. Time To Get It Together 
8. Sparrow 
9. Anna's Song 
10. When Did You Stop Loving Me When Did I Stop Loving You
11. Funky Space Reincarnation 
12. You Can Leave But It's Gonna Cost You
13. Falling In Love Again 
14. When Did You Stop Loving Me When Did I Stop Loving You 


Who doesn't like Marvin Gaye?  Apparently his father.  Wow, that is really a horrible thing to say.  The crankiness I have felt all day is really transcending itself.  One more album post after this and then my unpleasantness will have fewer victims.

Marvin chronicles the dissolution of his marriage to his first wife and dedicates the album to her.  A good portion of it is angry, but you can tell he was still very much in love with her.  Much like anyone ranting about a break up, he did eventually run out of new things to say about it and became rather monotonous.  Still, there are plenty of songs to celebrate in this album, my favorite being "You Can Leave But It's Gonna Cost You."

This wasn't quite what I expected when I started the album, but I still love his sound.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment