Wednesday, February 10, 2016

427. Highway to Hell

Highway to Hell
AC/DC
1979














Tracks
1. Highway To Hell
2. Girls Got Rhythm
3. Walk All Over You
4. Touch Too Much
5. Beating Around The Bush
6. Shot Down In Flames
7. Get It Hot
8. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
9. Love Hungry Man
10. Night Prowler


It's 1979 everyone!  Only one more year until the 80s.  I don't know if that scares me or excites me.

I was actually just reviewing This is Spinal Tap on my movie blog (I apologize for the blatant product placement) and now we come to a band very similar to the parody.  This album is rather special, as the lead singer Bon Scott died shortly after the release.  In fact, he went the same way as one of the Spinal Tap drummers...

Anyway, it's kind of eerie hearing a man sing about being on his way to hell shortly before his death.  After the first song was over, I felt sure the band couldn't possibly match that level of energy for the entire album.   I was pleased that it turned out to be quite a consistent album, although it maybe faltered a bit towards the end.

At the end of the day it is not my kind of music, but I can definitely understand what the appeal is.  I don't think anyone can deny the catchiness of "Highway to Hell."

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment