Wednesday, February 3, 2016

420. Eternally Yours

Eternally Yours
The Saints
1978













Tracks
1. Know Your Product
2. Lost and Found
3. Memories Are Made of This
4. Private Affair
5. Minor Aversion
6. No, Your Product
7. This Perfect Day
8. Run Down
9. Orstralia
10. New Centre of the Universe
11. (I'm) Misunderstood
12. International Robots


Once again, I am behind on the little album schedule I had planned for myself, meaning if I want to get back on track I should listen and review two more today.  With Marvin Gaye on the horizon, I am not too bothered about it.  But first, The Saints.

Man, is it just me or is punk getting really boring?  Never Mind The Bollocks feels like ages ago, although I know at this point it was only like six months ago.  Still, the genre itself doesn't seem to leave a lot of room for innovation or originality (unless you count post punk, but I guess that's it own thing altogether).

So here's an album by The Saints which I can't say is particularly bad, but isn't very memorable either.  Songs like "(I'm) Misunderstood" and "No, Your Product" sounded like they could be on any punk album ever.  Luckily, it is enjoyable enough but you have to wonder why it was put on the List when nothing about it was new.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment