Friday, February 5, 2016

423. C'est Chic

C'est Chic
Chic
1978














Tracks
1. Chic Cheer
2. Le Freak
3. Savoir Faire
4. Happy Man
5. I Want Your Love
6. At Last I Am Free
7. Sometimes You Win
8. (Funny) Bone


I feel like the Book has done its best to tiptoe around the Disco craze but it has finally caught up to us.  The general opinion seems to be that the genre sucks, but this is one of the few disco albums that has some merits.  I wasn't around for the trend, so I haven't been exposed to anything too horrific, unless you count Saturday Night Fever.  Which I totally do.

I have heard the song "Le Freak" but was unfamiliar with this band as a whole.  I did enjoy their songs, but they were undeniably repetitive and by the end, I was ready to call it quits.  I suppose disco music is meant to be danced to, so listening to it on my laptop in bed wasn't quite what Chic had in mind.

Definitely a "must listen to" album, as it really is the best the genre can offer.  And remember, life is a circus; don't be one of the clowns.  Or something to that effect.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment