Tuesday, February 9, 2016

426. The Scream

The Scream
Siouxsie and the Banshees
1978














Tracks
1. Pure
2. Jigsaw Feeling
3. Overground
4. Carcass
5. Helter Skelter
6. Mirage
7. Metal Postcard (Mittageisen)
8. Nicotine Stain
9. Suburban Relapse
10. Switch


I was just complaining about how conventional the punk genre is and now comes along a great improvement of the formula.  Still, it is certainly not the kind of music I would listen to on my own.

The track list makes the album sound like it could be the inspiration behind many serial killers.  It is actually not as gruesome as the song titles make it sound.  Even "Carcass" sounds a little bit cheerful, even though it is freaky as fuck.  Maybe it was because I was just exposed to X Ray Specs and found this to be a lot less depressing.

Dark, but there was something beautiful about this darkness that made it easier to swallow.  Sorry for the short review, but I have written around fifteen film posts today and I am quite worn out.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment