Friday, February 12, 2016

428. We Are Family

We Are Family
Sister Sledge
1979














Tracks
1. He's The Greatest Dancer 
2. Lost In Music 
3. Somebody Loves Me 
4. Thinking Of You 
5. We Are Family 
6. Easier To Love 
7. You're A Friend To Me 
8. One More Time


I was complaining earlier about the lack of disco on The List.  Not because I am a fan of the genre, but because I felt like we weren't getting an accurate picture of the era.  Thankfully, this came along so I am mollified.  

I think everyone is familiar with the song "We Are Family" as it seems to play at every wedding.  Because of this, I think we are all a little sick of the song, although we can't fault the band for that.  Fortunately, the rest of the album is superb and I for one can't get "He's The Greatest Dancer" out of my head.

I was blown away with the vocals in this album, which I didn't expect to that good.  I actually think this was better than Chic; the songs seem to have more heart.  Wait, do I like disco?  Uh oh.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment