Wednesday, February 24, 2016

438. The Undertones

The Undertones
The Undertones
1979














Tracks
1. Family Entertainment
2. Girls Don't Like It
3. Male Model
4. I Gotta Getta
5. Wrong Way
6. Jump Boys
7. Here Comes The Summer
8. Billy's Third
9. Jimmy Jimmy
10. True Confessions
11. She's A Runaround
12. I Know A Girl
13. Listening In
14. Casbah Rock


This is the first piece of writing I am doing today, so I promise you won't get the usually complaint that I am burnt out from writing movie reviews.  This is largely because the movie I am going to watch today hasn't loaded yet, but hey.  It still counts.

There have been some good albums lately but I have held back on giving any the full five star rating, mostly because I have commitment issues.  This was absolutely fantastic, though, so I have to go all the way.  It is odd that this is classified as punk, as it actually seemed quite poppy to me.  I mean, there were songs about girls on it!  They weren't even angry, which was refreshing.  I love the song "She's A Runaround" as I found the lyrics particularly relatable, given my current situation.  I also enjoyed "I Know A Girl," which was actually a really sweet song.  Can I call a punk band sweet?

Overall, an amazing album.  My only complaint was that it was so short ("Casbah Rock" was only 50 seconds), but I suppose it's not a bad thing to leave wanting more.

RATING: 5/5

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's kinda crazy the way the songs seem to end so suddenly. But it's a great album, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's so weird that we have such different movie tastes, but somehow have the same music taste.

      Delete
    2. I don't think we are that much different. I'm sure it's nothing we wouldn't brush off over a cup of tea if we had the chance.

      Delete