Thursday, February 25, 2016

439. London Calling

London Calling
The Clash
1979














Tracks
1. London Calling
2. Brand New Cadillac 
3. Jimmy Jazz 
4. Hateful 
5. Rudie Can't Fail 
6. Spanish Bombs 
7. Right Profile 
8. Lost In The Supermarket 
9. Clampdown 
10. Guns Of Brixton 
11. Wrong 'em Boyo 
12. Koka Kola 
13. The Card Cheat 
14. Lover's Rock
15. Four Horsemen 
16. I'm Not Down 
17. Revolution Rock 
18. Train In Vain


Two five stars albums in a row?  This might be unprecedented.  Hopefully we can keep the streak going with Japan tomorrow.  We have Neil Young and Elvis Costello coming up soon as well so I am optimistic.

Where to begin with one of the most famous albums of all time?  I think we have all heard "London Calling" which is a great song, despite the fact that some might find it overplayed.  I didn't know what to expect with the other tracks, but there is truly not a bad song on this album.  It's smart too; as the songs cover a wide range of topics including unemployment, drug use, and, of course, how hard it is to adult.  It does have punk roots, after all.

Really, what am I going to say about this album that hasn't been said before?  There is so much talent behind this that it is almost overwhelming.  Definitely something everyone should listen to before they die.

RATING: 5/5

4 comments:

  1. I only knew London Calling, too - btw I don't think this kind of songs can be overplayed, I always get excited when I hear it - but all the other song are superb. Spanish Bombs especially has hit home - no pun intended - in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making other people happy is my only vice :)

    ReplyDelete