Friday, February 12, 2016

429. Street Life

Street Life
The Crusaders
1979













Tracks
1. Street Life
2. My Lady
3. Rodeo Drive (High Steppin')
4. Carnival Of The Night
5. Hustler
6. Night Faces


I haven't had to face the shame of not liking jazz for awhile; in fact, I can't remember the last time we had a jazz album.  The closest thing was problem Music from the Penguin Cafe in 1976.  Anyway, I found more to like with this album but it ultimately wasn't my thing.  Again.

I didn't expect to love the first track as much as I did, considering I usually find songs that long to be exhausting.  It was brilliant though; I loved the fusion of jazz and funk.  Then the album kind of faltered.  It wasn't terrible by any means, but I felt like the innovation was over and we were stuck listening to generic jazz songs.  Of course, a lot of people would still enjoy it, but I found it to be rather boring.

Hey, I got one song that I enjoyed out of it, which is more than I was expecting.  So I will still consider this a win.

RATING: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. I like jazz only in small doses and by small doses I mean one song or two at a time. A whole album is just too much for me. The thing is I can appreciate its beauty as you say but I end up get tired.

    ReplyDelete