Wednesday, February 17, 2016

433. Reggatta de Blanc

Reggatta de Blanc
The Police
1979















Tracks
1. Message in a Bottle 
2. Reggatta de Blanc
3. It's Alright for You 
4. Bring on the Night 
5. Deathwish 
6. Walking on the Moon 
7. On Any Other Day 
8. Bed's Too Big Without You 
9. Contact 
10. Does Everyone Stare 
11. No Time This Time


And just like that, our curse of sucky albums is broken!  Huzzah!

Man, I really needed this.  I didn't really know much about the Police before this album, although I have probably heard a bunch of their songs without realizing it.  I did enjoy "Roxanne" although I have to admit I appreciate Ewan Mcgregor's version because it is more emotional and (let's face it) sexier.  I found new songs to adore here, like "Message in a Bottle" and "Bring On The Night."

I get the sense that some people might consider this commercial garbage.  I even get the impression that they didn't think they were that good, as the opening to "On Any Other Day" was "You want something corny?  You got it."  Maybe I am completely off and just feeling defensive.  Either way I don't think there is anything embarrassing about liking this album.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this and hopefully, the suckfest is truly over.

RATING: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. I like to think that my bottle sank into the ocean long ago and now it is being used as a home by some fish. I prefer that to the alternative: that someone took it and recycled it without bothering in looking inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they replaced it with their own note that on its way to you

      Delete