Monday, July 30, 2012

256. Talking Book

Talking Book
Stevie Wonder
1972

Tracks
1. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life 
2. Maybe Your Baby 
3. You And I 
4. Tuesday Heartbreak 
5. You've Got It Bad Girl 
6. Superstition 
7. Big Brother 
8. Blame It On The Sun 
9. Lookin' For Another Pure Love
10. I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) 



Honestly, just to be listening to anything other than bluegrass is a relief; I wouldn't care if it was someone scratching a chalkboard on loop.  However, I didn't risk listening to an album yesterday because it was my birthday and a bad album can put me in a horrible mood.  I am not sure if this is a good thing or not.


Anyway, everyone on Earth has heard of Stevie Wonder.  I myself have three songs on my iPod by him and that is saying something, since I am me.  Although you probably heard "Superstition" before, a lot of this album are unknown gems.  No one is as comforting or smooth as Stevie Wonder when he delivers a lyric.  Maybe these songs aren't the deepest ones he has ever come  out with (with the exception of "Big Brother") but it is still fun.  Check it out.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment