Friday, July 6, 2012

242. Machine Head

Machine Head
Deep Purple
1972

Tracks
1. Highway Star 
2. Maybe I'm A Leo
3. Pictures Of Home 
4. Never Before 
5. Smoke On The Water 
6. Lazy 
7. Space Truckin'



This has to be a quick one because I have to get some sleep.  Incidentally, I listened to this album while trying to go to sleep.  That was not one of my best plans.


This is another heavy metal album (where is Leonard Cohen when I am trying to get some rest).  We had seen Deep Purple way back at 188.  I would put a link up but I just looked back at that post and it seemed I was incredibly lazy that night and did not write a lot.  Just like tonight, actually.  And this is why I wanted to do the blog with two people!


I should probably start talking about the album since I just yawned like a snake unhinging its jaw. I was actually mildly impressed.  It was catchy and fun, if a little bit kitschy. This isn't exactly the fault of the album; it is just a bit dated.  So entertaining, yes.  But essential listening?  Nope!


RATING: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment