Tuesday, July 10, 2012

250. Close To The Edge

Close To The Edge
Yes
1972

Tracks
1. Close To The Edge
2. And You And I
3. Siberian Khatru


250!!  The goal has officially been reached, ladies and germs.  We are one-fourth of the way through this remarkable journey.  This calls for cake and pink champagne.  Unfortunately, neither one of these things are in my reach right now.  This calls for someone else to bring me cake and pink champagne.  Step to it!


While I wait for you to bring me these things, we can talk about the Yes album.  More progressive rock.  Don't let the three tracks fool you; these songs are incredibly long.  Surprisingly, it is not as pretentious as you think it would be.  "Close To The Edge" is actually a pretty catchy track and I really don't feel like they are playing down to us or trying to push an intellectual message.  It is just good music.


Fun and innovative.  Happy one-fourth of the way through day!


RATING: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment