Saturday, July 28, 2012

255. Will The Circle Be Unbroken

Will The Circle Be Unbroken
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
1972

Tracks
1. Grand Ole Opry Song 
2. Keep On The Sunny Side 
3. Nashville Blues 
4. You Are My Flower 
5. Precious Jewel 
6. Dark As A Dungeon 
7. Tennessee Stud 
8. Black Mountain Rag 
9. Wreck On The Highway
10. End Of The World
11. I Saw The Light 
12. Sunny Side Of The Mountain 
13. Nine Pound Hammer 
14. Losin' You (Might Be The Best Thing Yet) 
15. Honky Tonkin'
16. You Don't Know My Mind 
17. My Walkin' Shoes 
18. Lonesome Fiddle Blues 
19. Cannonball Rag
20. Avalanche 
21. Flint Hill Special 
22. Togary Mountain 
23. Earl's Breakdown 
24. Orange Blossom Special 
25. Wabash Cannonball 
26. Lost Highway 
27. First Meetin' - Watson, Doc & Merle
28. Way Downtown 
29. Down Yonder 
30. Pins And Needles (In My Heart)
31. Honky Tonk Blues 
32. Sailin' On To Hawaii 
33. I'm Thinking Of My Blue Eyes
34. I Am A Pilgrim 
35. Wildwood Flower 
36. Soldier's Joy 
37. Will The Circle Be Unbroken
38. Both Sides Now



Oh dear god, the HORROR!!!!!  A pure bluegrass album complete with the twang, banjos, and songs about stupid subjects.  And it is extremely long.
Man, I haven't been this frightened since we listened to the Louvin Brothers.  This is probably of the most grating albums on the list.  I know I am not a hundred percent objective here, considering this is my least favorite genre.  I guess the best I can do is recommend listening to it if you want to track early bluegrass groups.
RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment