Sunday, July 8, 2012

244. Vol. 4

Vol. 4
Black Sabbath
1972

Tracks
1. Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener
2. Tomorrow's Dream
3. Changes
4. FX
5. Supernaut
6. Snowblind
7. Cornucopia
8. Laguna Sunrise
9. St. Vitus Dance
10. Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes



Whenever people would mention that they liked heavy metal in the past, I would mention something vague about liking Black Sabbath (I did really enjoy paranoid) and they would kind of smirk, saying things like "you would like Black Sabbath".  First of all, what does that even mean?  Secondly, I didn't truly understand why it was embarrassing to like Black Sabbath.  Now I get it.


This album is just a mess.  The songwriting quality of this band has never really been strong, but this is an all time low.  Of course, they don't have a singer who can make up for the stupid lyrics so it is overall just awful. I guess I can smugly recommend their earlier works to people.  Or I could stop trying to impress a certain attractive gentleman with my horrible music taste.

RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment