Tuesday, July 10, 2012

251. Transformer

Transformer
Lou Reed
1972

Tracks
1. Vicious
2. Andy's Chest
3. Perfect Day
4. Hangin' 'Round
5. Walk On The Wild Side
6. Make Up
7. Satellite Of Love
8. Wagon Wheel
9. New York Telephone Conversation
10. I'm So Free
11. Goodnight Ladies



I have surgery tomorrow that I am really nervous about.  All I want to do is get my mind off it, read my book, and listen to some good music.  Maybe have some cupcakes too.


This album has a big personality, which you have to respect, whether you like it or not.  I happened to like it.  Once David Bowie got popular, he concentrated his efforts on making his friends popular, like Lou Reed.  You can definitely hear Bowie's influence in this album.  This may seem surprising from the cover, but Lou actually has a really calming voice which I need right now.


His songs were wild and fun.  Definitely something you should check out.

RATING: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment