Monday, July 9, 2012

248. Slayed?

Slayed?
Slade
1972

Tracks
1. How D'you Ride
2. Whole World's Goin' Crazee
3. Look At Last Nite
4. I Won't Let It 'Appen Agen
5. Move Over
6. Gudbuy T'Jane
7. Gudbuy Gudbuy
8. Mama Weer All Crazee Now
9. I Don' Mind
10. Let The Good Times Roll/Feel So Fine



Oh, lord.  This "cutesy" misspellings these guys are doing is unbelievably annoying, not only to type but to look at.  Just a complete massacre of the English language.  The former copy editor in me is dying inside.


I was, however, kind of digging this album.  These guys are really extreme and loud so I do not suggest listening to them if you are nursing a headache.  The songs, though, are strangely infectious, I found myself wanting to scream with them.  Still, I liked them while simultaneously loathing myself.  You can tell from every aspect of this album that these guys must be incredibly obnoxious.  I felt like they were trying to be extremely loud just to distract people from the fact that the lyrics basically made no sense.

For awhile, they succeeded with me.


RATING: 2/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment