Thursday, July 5, 2012

241. Sail Away

Sail Away
Randy Newman
1971

Tracks
1. Sail Away
2. Lonely At The Top 
3. He Gives Us All His Love 
4. Last Night I Had A Dream 
5. Simon Smith And The Amazing Dancing Bear
6. Old Man
7. Political Science
8. Burn On
9. Memo To My Son 
10. Dayton, Ohio - 1903
11. You Can Leave Your Hat On 
12. God's Song (That's Why I Love Mankind)



Randy Newman.  The name should sound slightly familiar to all children from the nineties (damn you if it doesn't).  Apparently, he got to score a bunch of movies (including Toy Story) because he knew the guy who was head of 20th Century Fox music.  This fact is my utterly fascinating way to kick off 1972! I absolutely hated this year for movies (besides The Godfather, of course), let me tell you.


Anyway, this was a really depressing album.  We are back to musicians sending stupid anti war messages with no solutions.  It is getting incredibly obnoxious.  Really, Newman, did you not agree with the WWII bombings?  How completely original!


Besides that, kind of boring and unoriginal.  


RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment