Sunday, July 1, 2012

235. Teenage Head

Teenage Head
Flamin' Groovies
1971

Tracks
1. High Flyin' Baby
2. City Lights
3. Have You Seen My Baby
4. Yesterday's Numbers
5. Teenage Head
6. 32 20
7. Evil Hearted Ada
8. Doctor Boogie
9. Whiskey Woman



Really, The Flamin' Groovies?  The only thing flaming is the name of your band (A-O!).  But seriously folks...


This is another interesting little gem that I would have never discovered if it wasn't for the list.  Apparently they broke up shortly after this because they weren't cut out for the US music scene.  I got excited reading about this album, though, because it is described as a throwback to the Beatles.  Yay!


I loved it.  If I had to date it just by listening to it, my guess would have been mid sixties.  I know it doesn't seem like a big deal that it sounds around six years older than it is, but I personally don't really like the direction that music is heading in during the 70s.  Ahead of us, we got disco and funk on the horizon.  Yuck.  My dad has a theory that they stopped making good music after 1971 and I am finding myself agreeing with him...


This album has often been compared to Sticky Fingers but I just do not see the similarities: this is so much better!


RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment