Sunday, July 22, 2012

252. Home Is Where The Music Is

Home Is Where The Music Is
Hugh Masekela
1972

Tracks
1. Part Of A Whole
2. Minawa
3. The Big Apple
4. Unhome
5. Maseru
6. Inner Crisis
7. Blues For Huey
8. Nomali
9. Maesha
10. Ingoo Pow-Pow (Children's Song)



Well, the hand surgery is over and it has seemed to affect me in a way I can't quite put my finger on (no pun intended).  I just feel overwhelmingly apathetic to almost everything, even reading and watching movies.  I am trying to push through it, of course, starting with this album.  And, as luck would have it, it is jazz.  FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Not just jazz.  Really long tracks of jazz that was extremely hard to find.  We here at the 1001 blog (me) are familiar with this guy because he was married to a much loved favorite, Miriam Makeba.  Yes, it was interesting to hear a African twist on American jazz.  But not exactly the welcoming hug I was hoping for.  I might have to scroll through the sunshine pop archives.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment