Wednesday, July 4, 2012

240. Hunky Dory

Hunky Dory
David Bowie
1971

Tracks
1. Changes
2. Oh! You Pretty Things
3. Eight Line Poem
4. Life on Mars?
5. Kooks 
6. Quicksand 
7. Fill Your Heart 
8. Andy Warhol 
9. Song for Bob Dylan 
10. Queen Bitch
11. The Bewlay Brothers



This album marks the end of 1971.  I told you guys earlier that my father said that this is when good music stopped.  We shall see...


Does anyone not like Bowie?  I became familiar with him when I the did one of his songs in Moulin Rouge!; see if you can hear it...
Most of us are familiar with his hits, but it is impressive to listen to his complete albums.  I do love Bowie, but this album was full of some hits and misses.  The hits, of course, being songs like "Changes" while the misses are songs like "Andy Warhol" when Bowie is trying to be edgy. Can't anyone just have plain old fun anymore without trying to be all deep and pretentious?  Still, a five star album. RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment