Friday, July 27, 2012

254. Something/Anything?

Something/Anything?
Todd Rundgren
1972

Tracks
1. I Saw The Light 
2. I Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference 
3. Wolfman Jack 
4. Cold Morning Light 
5. Takes Two To Tango 
6. Sweeter Memories 
7. Intro 
8. Breathless 
9. Night The Carousel Burned Down 
10. Saving Grace 
11. Marlene 
12. Song Of The Viking 
13. I Went To The Mirror 
14. Black Maria
15. One More Day (No Word)
16. Couldn't I Just Tell You
17. Torch Song 
18. Little Red Lights
19. Overture 
20. Money/Messin' With The Kid 
21. Dust In The Wind 
22. Piss Aaron 
23. Hell It's Me 
24. Some Folks Is Even Whiter Than Me 
25. You Left Me Sore 
26. Slut


This is one of those glorious hodge podges of pure gems.  I have no idea how to categorize this album; it represents so many genres.  This seems like it would be a Nina Simone-esque mess but it actually comes together beautifully.


All right, so the "game" he comes up with in the middle of the album is really strange.  Still, I think this is one of the best albums of the 70s.  He has a very sweet voice, whether he is singing a ballad or a fast song.  My personal favorite was "I Wouldn't Have Made A Difference" which is really bittersweet:
A really fun album that is hard to describe so check it out! RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment