Friday, September 2, 2011

34. Night Life

Night Life
Ray Price
1962

Amanda: Okay, so I am not exactly having a great day today.  Tomorrow my sister is moving to another state and I am really going to miss her because she has taken care of me and been my best friend since I was born (she is older).  I also put my foot in my mouth a couple times today which always makes me pissy.   Right now I just want to rant about anything and everything.  I will start with this album (and then I will go on to cornering people in streets and yelling at them).  This album brought me back to the Louvin Brothers.  It was very cheap and shallow.  I don't know what is with the guy on the cover being a voyeur and frankly I don't give a damn.  Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go read my crappy book I am doing for my 1001 reads, eat fried food, whine, and watch a cheesy movie.

RATING:

F**^%^%%$%#%@@@!&!(!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brie: Wow. I'm in a good mood and I think this is bad. Why is this in the book? I wish I could rewind my life and un-listen to this album. The only song half decent on here was "Night Life". And that was written by Willie Nelson, not Ray Price, plus I even find problems with the song. A couple of times in the song this guitar comes in and does some kind of Hawaiian style rift. What the hell?  I find nothing special about Price's voice, and the album is just crap, complete crap.

RATING:

1 comment:

  1. I feel like someone should teach these barflies about the benefits of healthy living. Now that I've got that off my chest..
    I find this album completely great. I enjoyed the steel guitar, fiddle, and occasional piano - this is a very well produced album. I also liked the singing (I might have preferred edgier vocals, but I liked these anyway), and I don't usually care much about lyrics but these were interesting. Very strong set of songs, from a variety of songwriters including a few from Ray Price and his band.
    Standout track: "Lonely Street"

    ReplyDelete