Wednesday, March 23, 2016

457. Songs The Lord Taught Us

Songs The Lord Taught Us
The Cramps
1980














Tracks
1. TV Set 
2. Rock On The Moon 
3. Garbageman 
4. I Was A Teenage Werewolf 
5. Sunglasses After Dark
6. Mad Daddy 
7. Mystery Plane
8. Zombie Dance 
9. What's Behind The Mask 
10. Strychnine 
11. I'm Cramped
12. Tear It Up 

13. Fever

Apparently, psychobilly is a real genre that combines rhythm and blues with punk music.  It sounds like a rather lethal combination.  Thankfully, this wasn't quite as disturbing as it could have been, but I am still glad it is behind us.

So this is strange album that is already fading from my memory a bit, as I have waited a few days to write this review.  I know, I know.  I had other stimulating activities to take care of, like attending painful physical therapy sessions and writing pieces of the benefits of acne clearing facials.  Anyway, the lyrics are decidedly odd, although I suppose the Cramps can't be blamed for that, as there are a lot of covers on this album.  The most baffling cover for me was "Fever."  I guess I have only heard women sing "Fever" in insanely sexualized performances.  

In any case, songs like "I Was A Teenage Werewolf" weren't exactly relatable to me (I only became a wolf in my twenties).  I would take a pass on this one.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment