Saturday, March 19, 2016

455. Searching For The Young Soul Rebels

Searching For The Young Soul Rebels
Dexys Midnight Runners
1980














Tracks
1. Burn It Down
2. Tell Me When My Lights Turn Green
3. The Teams That Meet In Caffs
4. I'm Just Looking
5. Geno
6. Seven Days Too Long
7. I Couldn't Help It If I Tried
8. Thankfully Not Living In Yorkshire It Doesn't Apply
9. Keep It
10. Love Part One
11. There, There My Dear


Yesterday's album didn't exactly mark an auspicious start to the eighties.  I wish this had been our first album of the decade, as it is absolutely fantastic and definitely a more promising beginning than Adam and the Ants.

I had never heard of this band before, although apparently "Geno" was a big hit.  I expected it to sound familiar, but it didn't.  My ignorance frightens even me sometimes.  Anyway, "Geno" wasn't the best song on the album.  I much preferred "Seven Days Too Long."  It is nice that this band didn't feel like they were too good to include a love song.  I also enjoyed "I Couldn't Help It If I Tried," which was about...I'm not quite sure.  Catchy, though.

A great album and it's official: the term "new wave" no longer scares me.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment