Thursday, March 17, 2016

454. Kings of the Wild Frontier

Kings of the Wild Frontier
Adam And The Ants
1980














Tracks
1. Dog Eat Dog
2. Ant Music
3. Feed Me To The Lions
4. Los Rancheros
5. Ants Invasion
6. Killer In The Home
7. Kings Of The Wild Frontier
8. Magnificent Five
9. Don't Be Square (Be There)
10. Jolly Roger
11. Making History
12. Human Beings


Welcome to the 1980s, everyone!  I am actually quite nervous to enter the 80s musical scene...you don't exactly hear lovely things.  Of course, if everyone else hates 80s music, I might enjoy it.   Some of you have been kind enough to inform me I have no taste.  Perhaps its absence will come in handy!

So this was...strange.  I was quite familiar with the Adam and the Ants legacy, but hadn't heard any of their songs.  I am not sure I missed much.  I suppose it wasn't that bad, but I am not sure I know what the point was.  It seemed like inserted the song "Jolly Roger" simply so their costumes would make sense.  I guess the band wanted to make some sort of statement (mostly related to fashion) and the actual music is just secondary.  The music isn't good enough to stand on its own.

I don't necessarily think this was a bad album, but I do think it's sort of a "I guess you had to be there" kind of situation.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment