Tuesday, March 1, 2016

442. Cut

Cut
The Slits
1979














Tracks
1. Instant Hit
2. So Tough
3. Spend Spend Spend
4. Shoplifting
5. FM
6. Newtown
7. Ping Pong Affair
8. Love und Romance
9. Typical Girls
10. Adventures Close To Home


This is technically classified as post punk, but when I think "post punk," I think innovation.  This sounded like any other classic punk album: lots of screaming and very little talent.

I usually get excited when there is more female representation on The List, particularly in a genre that is typically dominated by males.  But oh dear lord, the shrieking.  I was ready to punch my screen, which might of have been the point of the album.  I mean, down with consumerism right?  At least, I think that is what their point was.  It's hard to penetrate the artistic truth behind the lyrics "Do a runner, run.  I've pissed in my knickers."

Brutal to get through.  Up next...ELVIS!

RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment