Saturday, March 19, 2016

456. Back In Black

Back In Black
AC/DC
1980














Tracks
1. Hell's Bells
2. Shoot To Thrill
3. What Do You Do For Money Honey
4. Giving The Dog A Bone
5. Let Me Put My Love Into You
6. Back In Black
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Have A Drink On Me
9. Shake A Leg
10. Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution


I don't have to start this album with the usual proclamation of ignorance, as I am quite familiar with AC/DC.  Everyone is; "Back In Black" is one of the most famous rock songs of all time.  Most importantly, of course, a title of a Buffy episode is taken from the song "Hell's Bells."

Lyrically, there is nothing too impressive about this album; songs like "Let Me Put My Love Into You" have all the subtlety of a Juggs magazine cover.  It's still fun music, although I will admit I didn't find any track quite as catchy as "Back in Black."  It's not really music to analyze or write a post about, but it is fun to have on in the background.  It certainly served as an interesting soundtrack as I wrote about peridontitis for a dentist's office.

So one to listen to because of its widespread fame, but it certainly won't blow you away.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment