Saturday, March 12, 2016

450. Off the Wall

Off the Wall
Michael Jackson
1979














Tracks
1. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
2. Rock With You
3. Working Day And Night
4. Get On The Floor
5. Off The Wall
6. Girlfriend
7. She's Out Of My Life
8. I Can't Help It
9. It's The Falling In Love
10. Burn This Disco Out


Michael Jackson always creeped me out, but this feeling has been amplified ever since I saw footage of the 1996 Brit Awards.  I still think it is a bit weird that our society continues to worship a child molester, but I suppose Off The Wall wasn't too bad.  It was also wasn't spectacular, so it is quite confusing why people refuse to let this guy go.

I was most familiar with the song "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" which is annoyingly catchy; I haven't been able to get it out of my head since I listened to this.  His vocals never impressed me either.  I always wished he was more authentic instead of relying on the strange noises he can make with his mouth.  I have been trying to come up with an onomatopoeia for them.  Would "tsch" be accurate?

I suppose this is fun music to dance to, but I don't think it is worth the feeling of ickiness that comes with anything Michael Jackson.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment