Saturday, March 12, 2016

451. Machine Gun Etiquette

Machine Gun Etiquette
The Damned
1979














Tracks
1. Love Song
2. Machine Gun Etiquette
3. I Just Can't Be Happy Today
4. Melody Lee
5. Anti Pope
6. These Hands
7. Plan 9 Channel 7
8. Noise Noise Noise
9. Looking At You
10. Liar
11. Smash It Up (I)
12. Smash It Up (II)


I keep thinking we are done with this genre and getting disappointed when another punk album comes along.  I just have to accept that I will never be done with this type of music; in fact, a punk album will probably play at my funeral.  I don't hate the genre, but by 1979 it is certainly a case of been there, done that.

So it is pretty much exactly what you expect from a punk band.  Lots of noise...noise, noise.  I suppose the lyrics were a bit more specific than the usual "everything is terrible and there is nothing we can do about it" spiel you get from these albums.  "Anti Pope" took on organized religion while "These Hands" are about clown stranglers.  Well, that last one might be open to interpretation. 

Two more albums until we are done with the seventies!

RATING: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment